Terms & Conditions
The City of London Mile 2017 is organised by Run-Fast Races LTD (“Run-Fast”) (Co. No. 8765247) whose registered office is 15 St. Mary at Hill, London EC3R 8EE.
- Run-Fast retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
- All entries are to be processed online.
- Each entrant is automatically signed up to the City of London Mile and Run-Fast newsletters.
- Once entered into the City of London Mile, participants will receive a confirmation email and subsequent email communications in the run-up to the race.
- To register for the City of London Mile main event you must be 16 years of age or older on event day.
- The adult member of a Family Mile entry must be 18 years of age or older on event day.
- To register for the Youth Mile race you must be a minimum of 11 years of age and a maximum of 16 years of age on 31st August 2017.
- Any entrant under the age of 18 years on the day of the event must have prior permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Run-Fast reserves the right to delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time the race in the event of adverse weather conditions. The determination of what constitutes adverse weather conditions is reserved solely to Run-Fast.
- Run-Fast reserves the right to delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time the race if advised by Police or national security forces of a threat to public safety which may directly or indirectly target the City of London Mile and its participants. The determination of what constitutes a threat to public safety is reserved solely to Run-Fast.
- Run-Fast reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances outside of our reasonable control.
- In the event of cancellation of the Event, Run-Fast will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs.
- Run-Fast reserves the right to make additions, changes, or clarifications to the Event or these rules without prior notice to company teams or team members. If any rule changes are implemented then Run-Fast will endeavour prior to the race to inform all entrants of those rule changes. Any such change shall be considered binding upon all entrants whether or not an entrant has received notice of the change prior to the race.
- All rules are subject to interpretation by Run-Fast. All decisions of Run-Fast are final.
- Run-Fast reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entrant or team whose conduct is inappropriate to the spirit of the race. Disqualification may also lead to disqualification from future races.
- Elite athlete entries are strictly by invitation only.
- Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
- All participants must complete the medical emergency information on the back of their race numbers.
- All participants must wear their assigned race numbers, clearly visible on the front of the torso during the race. Numbers must be displayed in full view, and may not be folded or cut in any way.
- Race numbers are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. You must not under any circumstances give your race number to anyone else. This is particularly important for medical services and appropriate treatment in the event of injury or illness.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to seek appropriate medical advice prior to participating in the City of London Mile.
- Participation in the event is entirely at the risk of the entrant and Run Fast are not liable for death, injury, loss or damage arising from participation in the event.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS IN THE EVENT:
- any wheeled device (excluding wheelchairs);
- any artificial aid;
- any pets or animals; or any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
In order to run any City of London Mile event, participants agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions:
I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of the England Athletics Limited (EAL). I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Run-Fast to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. I also understand that entry fees are non-refundable.